As a government agency that receives federal funding, SCAG is responsible for implementing Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and conforming to federal environmental justice principles, policies, and regulations. SCAG is proud of its longstanding policy to actively ensure nondiscrimination in all of its activities. Furthermore, it is SCAG's continuing practice to identify and prevent discriminatory effects by actively administering its plans, programs, and policies to ensure that social impacts to communities and people are recognized early and continually throughout SCAG's regional planning processes.
SCAG conducts public outreach and solicits public participation in the development of its plans, programs, and policies. This participation helps to assure that the public has a voice in our regional planning decisions. Click this link to be directed to SCAG's Public Participation Form.
- Final 2008 RTP Environmental Justice Report
- 2004 Regional Transportation Plan Technical Appendix G: Environmental Justice Environmental Justice Compliance Procedure
- President Clinton's Executive Order 12898 on Environmental Justice
- U.S. DOT Environmental Justice web site
- U.S. DOT Environmental Justice Order
- FHWA Environmental Justice Order
- U.S. EPA Environmental Justice web site
- U.S. EPA Region 9 Environmental Justice web site
- Cal-EPA Environmental Justice website
EJ Workshop Materials
Update Contact List
Help us keep our contact information updated.Yes, please add me to SCAG's EJ distribution list.
A key goal of SCAG is to improve regional decision making by providing leadership and consensus building on key plans and policies. One way the agency achieves this is through the public involvement process, which provides reasonable opportunities for interested parties to comment on SCAG's regional plans, programs and activities. For more information, please visit SCAG's Public Participation Plan web page.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Christine Fernandez at (213) 236-1923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org