Energy Working Group
Links for Energy Enthusiasts
- Association for the Study of Peak Oil – USA
- Build It Green
- California Climate Change Portal
- California Home Energy Efficiency Rating System
- California Energy Commission
- California Public Utilities Commission
- California Independent Service Operator
- California Integrated Waste Management Board, Green Building Design and Construction Program
- Community Office for Resource Efficiency (CORE)
- Congressional Hearing on Peak Oil, Records and Presentations from the 7 DEC 2005 U.S. House of Representatives Hearing on Peak Oil
- Congressman Bartlett's February 8, 2006 Peak Oil Speech
- Energy Information Administration, Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Energy Policy Act 2005
- Global Public Media
- House Resolution 507, Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States, in collaboration with other
international allies, should establish an energy project with the magnitude, creativity, and sense of urgency that was incorporated
in the "Man on the Moon" project to address the inevitable challenges of "Peak Oil".
- Local Government Commission, Energy Information Clearinghouse
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, 2006 Draft Integrated Resource Plan
- Los Angeles County Energy Conservation Programs
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Natural Resources Defense Council Tips on Reducing Energy Consumption
- Oil and the American Way of Life: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, presented by Robert Kaufmann on June 1, 2005
- Post Carbon Institute
- Post Carbon Cities
- President George W. Bush, Energy Security for the 21st Century
- Professor Robert Kaufmann's presentation to SCAG, October 5, 2006
- San Gabriel Valley EnergyWise Partnership
- South Bay Energy Savings Center
- Southern California Edison, Energy Efficiency
- Southern California Gas, Energy Efficiency
- U.S. Department of Energy, Clean Cities Program
- Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance
Articles/ Reports/ Papers
- Report by the International Energy Agency, Mid-term Oil Market Report (July 2007)
- Report by the University of California, Draft Low Carbon Fuel Standard Part 2 (July 2007)
- Report by the University of California, Draft Low Carbon Fuel Standard Part 1 (May 2007)
- Report of the City of Portland Peak Oil Task Force, Decending the Oil Peak: Navigating the Transition from Oil and Natural Gas (March 2007)
- Report prepared by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, Crude Oil: Uncertaintly about Future Oil Supply Makes It Important to Develop a Strategy for Addressing a Peak and Decline in Oil Production (February 2007)
- Report prepared by the Council on Foreign Relations, National Security Consequences of U.S. Oil Dependency (October 2006)
- Energy Strategic Plan prepared by the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, Powered by Energy Efficiency, Fueled by Energy Conservation (November 2006)
- Report prepared for the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Economic, Energy, and Environmental Benefits of Concentrating Solar Power in California (April 2006)
- Report prepared by Global Insight, The Impacts of Natural Gas Prices on the California Economy: Final Report (February 2006)
- Report prepared by the Global Subsidies Initiative, Biofuels - At What Cost? Government Support for ethanol and biodiesel in the U.S. (October 2006)
- Handbook prepared by ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability with support from the City of Seattle and the
U.S. Conference of Mayors, Climate Action Handbook (2006)
- Whitepaper prepared by LogicaCMG, Mind the Gap: The black hole at the heart of UK's energy supply (November 2006)
- Report prepared by Jonathan Stern, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
The New Security Environment for European Gas: Worsening Geopolitics and Increasing Global Competition for LNG (October 2006)
- Briefing Book prepared by the City of Portland Office of Sustainable Development
Peak Oil Task Force Briefing Book (July 25, 2006)
- Report prepared by the National Commission on Energy Policy
Ending the Energy Stalemate: A Bipartisan Strategy to Meet America's Energy Challenges (December 2004)
- Report prepared by the Southern States Energy Board
American Energy Security: Building a Bridge to Energy Independence and to a Sustainable Energy Future (July 2006)
- Report prepared by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (May 2006),
Report of the Energy Research Council
- Report prepared by Roger H. Bezdek, Robert M. Wendling, and Robert L. Hirsch for The National Energy Technology Laboratory (February 2006),
"Economic Impacts of Liquid Fuel Mitigation Options"
- Paper co-authored by Roger Bezdek,
"Peaking of World Oil Production: Impacts, Mitigation, & Risk Management"
- Article co-authored by Roger Bezdek in World Oil publication,
"Global Oil Supply: Mitigating a long-term shortfall of world oil production"
- Article co-authored by Roger Bezdek in Energy Magazine,
"When Will Oil Peak?"
- Article co-authored by Roger Bezdek in American Scientist,
"Fuel Efficiency and the Economy"
- Paper co-authored by Randy Udall,
"When Will the Joyride End?"
- Paper co-authored by Randy Udall,
"Methane Madness: A Natural Gas Primer"
- Report authored by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
"Energy Trends and Their Implications for U.S. Army Installations"
- Report authored by the International Energy Agency,
"Saving Oil in a Hurry: Measures for Rapid Demand Restraint in Transport"
- Report authored by Forfas,
"A Baseline Assessment of Ireland's Oil Dependence: Key Policy Considerations"
- Report authored by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of Energy,
"Biomass as Feedstock for a Bioenergy and Bioproducts Industry: The Technical Feasibility of a Billion-Ton Annual Supply"
- "Science Magazine Special on the Energy Crisis from 1974
- Summary presentation by Councilmember Debbie Cook to the Regional Comprehensive Plan Task Force, March 27, 2006,
"Energy For Our Future"
Local Green Building Resources
top of page